This portion of the guide details everything you need to know about trophies.
Do Trophies Carry Over?
As with the previous generation your trophies and trophy progress carries over from PlayStation 4.
What are Trophies?
Trophies are rewards for achievements that can be earned by playing games on PlayStation Network. The types of achievements vary but they are often tied to specific, amusing player actions, story progression, collectibles, and more.
Trophy Grade and Types
There are a few different trophy grades ranging from easy to difficult (bronze to platinum). The number and types of trophies, and the conditions for earning them, vary from game to game.
When viewing a game’s trophies you have the option to sort by grade.
Trophies can have a different rarity depending on the amount of players that obtained the same trophy. Trophy rarity increases in this order: common, rare, very rare, ultra-rare.
When viewing a game’s trophies you have the option to sort by rarity.
Every trophy you earn increases your overall trophy level. The trophy level is determined by points received for every trophy type you obtained. A players’ trophy level ranges from 1-999. Platinum trophies count more toward your level progression, making them even more valuable. Below is a breakdown of the trophy levels one can achieve.
How to View Trophies
Here’s how to view your trophies. Keep in mind when the trophy notification pops up you can also view all trophies for said game by interacting with the notification.
- Go to your avatar/profile icon. You can do this from the homescreen by going to the upper righthand corner OR you can press the PlayStation button on your controller to make the control center popup, then just go to the right and select the image.
- Select Trophies.
- Select a game to view its trophies and sort through those trophies with square.
How to View Hidden Trophies
Completionists rejoice! You can view hidden trophies. Go to a game’s trophies and do the following:
- Hover over a Hidden Trophy.
- Select the hidden trophy by pressing X.
- Select options.
- Select “Show Hidden Trophies.”
How to Sync Your Trophies
Enable automatic updates to make sure your PS5 trophies will sync automatically when connected to PlayStation Network. You may need to manually sync trophies earned offline. Here’s how to manually sync your trophies.
- Select your avatar/profile icon. You can do this from the homescreen by going to the upper righthand corner OR you can press the PlayStation button on your controller to make the control center popup, then just go to the right and select the image.
- Select Trophies.
- Hover over the game that you want to sync trophies for.
- Select the options button (button with 3 lines above it).
- Select “Sync with PlayStation Network.”
PS5 Trophy Changes
There aren’t any significant trophy changes to PS5 but here are some things worth noting.
- Some trophies can earn you rewards such as avatars and profile banners. We’ve seen this with Destruction: All Stars.
- Screenshots and videos can be automatically captured (if you want). This is on by default but you can toggle this on/off or change the trophy video duration by going to Settings > Captures and Broadcasts > Trophies.